Guillermo Eiland launches his debut book ‘I Made It Off The Block’ and within such a short time span, readers all across the globe are giving this book a serious readthrough. Today we’ve been able to sit down with the author himself and ask popular questions that fans have been meaning to get a word on.
Guillermo, congratulations on your book! Tell us, what was your childhood like?
- Thank you. I went through a lot of hardships during my childhood which I talk about in my book.My mother was addicted to heroin and my father was an absentee pimp father.You can only imagine how fast I had to grow up and be on the streets drug dealing.
Where did you grow up, Guillermo?
- I grew up on the mean streets of LA and I became a drug dealer at the young age of 12 years old.
How did you end up getting involved with gangs?
- At the age of 12, I was in the streets of LA unsupervised, so it was only a matter of time for me to meet the wrong crowd and start selling drugs.
Were there any specific challenges that gave you a life changing wakeup call?
- Being shot and going to prison were not challenges they were a blueprint but having 4 daughters is a challenge the toughest man will become humble too.
How did you leave gang life?
- I moved away…It really was that simple but remember me moving doesn’t stop an enemy from looking for me, but I was, and still am highly respected so I’m not worried – insteadI’m attentively alert.
Guillermo Eiland is a role model that many individuals listen closely to. A leader shows the way, leading by example – and Guillermo Eiland has been through it all.
Guillermo Eiland – https://www.instagram.com/guillermoeiland/
Learn more about his book – https://imadeitofftheblockbook.com
Comments are closed.